26 July 2020

Lily turns 6!

Somehow our little princess is now 6 years old!

She insisted that we do a birthday photo shoot the day before her birthday, and the planning did not stop there. Basically she had lots of plans and I tried my best to follow through with her plans and sometimes it didn't work out so well.

In the middle of the night Kimball heard her crying because she wanted to come cuddle with me, but thought she would see her gifts in our room and ruin her birthday. Once she got to cuddle she was able to calm down.

We had balloons and streamers everywhere when she woke up and that morning she got to open one gift before Dale went to work. She opened up the Mighty Jet from Paw Patrol, which gave her something to play with all day while she waited for the rest of her gifts.

We had pancakes for breakfast, mac & cheese for lunch, and Swedish Meatballs for dinner (all per her request).

The Berry's invited us over for a play date which helped break up the day wonderfully for us!

After dinner it was time to blow out the candles on her Paw Patrol cake...
and open presents...
She played with her new gifts and it was time to put her birthday to bed.

The next day our neighbor Vickie had Lily and I over for some birthday ice cream. Lily loved it and talked to Vickie more than she ever has before!

We totally forgot about the pinata I have been saving in my closet since before Corona Virus, so we did that a couple of days later because she sure wasn't going to forget it! :)
Lily has been looking forward to her birthday probably since July 16 of 2019. She brings so much joy and character to our family. I wish I could write eloquently enough to express how much I truly love this girl of mine. She looks like her Daddy, but so much of her is from me. She teaches me, loves me and helps me grow as a mom every day. Randomly she will come to me just to say "Mommy I love you", and the hugs she gives to Dale melt my heart. We love you sweet Lily flower!

No comments: