12 May 2019

Judy's weekend away

My baby sister Hannah graduated from Utah State University on May 3rd, so I got to fly out to Utah to see it! It was the first time in almost 13 years that I've gone on a trip by myself. On Thursday May 2nd, I got up and left by 5:30 to get to the airport in OKC for my flight. The flight was uneventful and I made it to Utah where my mom picked me up.
Flying over Provo, UT
That day we went shopping, and spent most of the day at my brother Nate's house.


Friday we got up early to get to graduation. Hannah graduated and we went to a nice luncheon afterwards.
There was a bit of family drama, then Nate took me to Brigham City where I got to spend some time with Dad (Dee), Sharon, and Keri with her 4 kids. I got to hold my newest niece Macie who was less than 2 weeks old.
Dad, Judy, Macie, Sharon, Keri
Mom and Dad picked me up, we had a nice dinner, and took Nate's kids to a fun park in Layton.
Judy and Nate on the climbing structure
Saturday  I went for a walk with Mom and Robert. The altitude wiped me out, but it was a lovely path near the mountains.
I got to meet up with our favorite Ferrells. We had lunch at Black Bear Diner.
Then Nate and I drove down to Temple Square with his kids to meet up with Mom, Dad and Robert.
We went to a friend's wedding reception and headed back to the house.

Meanwhile in Oklahoma, Dale discovered Lily and Becca in this state:
They had decided to do their make-up with a Sharpie. He used a lot of time, cotton balls and rubbing alcohol...and Becca still has pink in her hair over a week later.

He was super dad and took the kids on a 3 mile walk so Cameron could finish his Webelos requirements. They ate, and picked up trash.
On Sunday Mom, Dad and Robert left to drive back to NM. I went to church with Nate and his kids and then spent the rest of the day waiting until my flight.
Breallyn, Judy, Eleanor
My plane took off around 8:30 MST, and landed after midnight CST. There was lightning so the ramp was closed and we were stuck on the plane for 45 minutes or so. Then I caught a shuttle to the car and drove home...I didn't get home until almost 2:00 AM and was exhausted. But, it was SO good to be home!

No comments: